Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

As I mentioned, I am 50. If I pursue this idea of being a NP, I'll be at least 54, if not older. But, I figure that if I don't change careers, I'll be in the exact same situation in that time, if not worse.

My mom got her master's in education in her 50's, and she still works as a tutor and grading teacher certification exams at Eductional Testing Service in Princeton. She's 78. My mother-in-law (former) is 80 and still working as a psychotherapist after getting her MSW in her 50's. I know of two colleagues who recently got their RN licenses in their 50's, after working as social workers for over 25 years.

I looked at other options (psychology and law) but they did seem too costly and time consuming to make it worth it. All of a sudden, this idea seemed to fit, and, so far, it seems pretty doable.

If you have a dream, go for it! It's never too late to grow.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post: