View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #1002
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Angry Every Single Day....

the broken economy, hiring practices, distorted perception (views) on social equality (inequality reigns in America) .... and more....

pisses me off to the f*cking high heavens!

I just read an article on MSN about how universities are suing students (former graduates) for not being able to pay on their student loans (FAFSA, Perkins, et al). Yeah. I saw this coming the year I got out of school after earning my bachelors degree (the first wave of the US-wide economic recession which really, by now, should be classified as an economic depression - if you ask me). Thinking I could live on borrowed time, I sought a master's degree and still face the same harrowing odds trying to find a job, that is not only worthwhile to me and others I may serve, but will help me pay off a triple figure in loan debt and have some spare money to live on. To date, I'm still *under-employed* and would certainly NOT be here (online or elsewhere) if my young son did not live at home with me to help share the ecomonic burden I face on a daily basis.

(See news article here)

So yes: My situation bothers me greatly.
Every day, the challenge I face is related to
being under-employed and seeking better means
of employment - but there is no job market for us
who spent time to be educated and trained for a
workforce that is non-existent (in the US).

The video above went viral two weeks ago
and it's the best visual I've come across, which
illustrates common misperceptions held on wealth
inequalities (ideals vs. commonly held beliefs vs reality).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: