Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just When You Thought it Was Safe to Check Your Email...

So I've known my ex on and off for the better part of a decade. We've been on-again off-again a few times and this time, it is off-again and staying that way for good. Unfortunately, like clockwork, whenever we break up, I get a message about every 3 months or so with some information about what is going on in her life, an apology, an explanation or an "I miss you"; the latter of which I got yesterday.

It hit me like a punch to the gut to just see those 3 little words. I cried briefly but didn't respond. Sending any kind of message back would be bad in this case as the relationship had become toxic and had a rather abrupt, emotionally-damaging ending. (I got an apology message a few hours later that I also didn't respond to.)

Has this happened to you? Have you been out of a relationship for a while and started to move on, blissfully enjoying getting your life back together when your ex emails, calls, or texts out of the blue?

If so, what did you do?