View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I went through something like this with my ex-wife. It took a friend to help me see the truth...that her contact with me was a way of maintaining control over me. She knew exactly what buttons to push to get my attention, and to keep me engaged. It didn't matter what kind of attention she got from me, as long as she got it, and as long as she was able to remain in some aspect of my life. If I ever tried to completely cut her out of my life, then the suicidal threats began. Behavior such as this has nothing to do with love, or desire, it is all about control, manipulation, and maintaining a presence. If someone truly loves you, but knows that the two of you are not going to be together for whatever reason, they do not try to keep you from moving on. To love someone means you want their happiness, even if that happiness is not with you.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi

Last edited by always2late; 04-26-2013 at 11:18 PM.
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post: