Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
My mother isn't doing well. She started having abdominal pain shortly before Covid-19 struck. After that, I was unable to go in with her for chemo, oncologist appointments and tests. Although I continued speaking to them on the phone it made everything more difficult and continues to do do. In May they said she had a partial bowel blockage and she was in the hospital for 9 days. Her tumors are growing and pressing against her small intestine and colon. They did a biopsy and found that her cancer has a breast cancer mutation. Which means there is one chemo that is used for breast cancer that may possibly work. IF it gets approved. It could be denied because my mother has ovarian cancer. The oncologist said if it doesn't get approved or doesn't work she would have approximately 3-6 months. She had a drainage gtube put in Thursday morning. She seemed to be doing better on Friday but terrible yesterday and today.

I'm trying to make sure I'm doing everything possible to help her feel comfortable and feel better. I worry I may not do something correctly and she may suffer due to that. I'm more than a little stressed. My mother and I have not always had the best relationship but it breaks my heart to see her suffering and in pain. I'm trying to stay positive. I'm hoping things fall into place and she gets better.

I'm just confused and having trouble pinpointing what went wrong so quickly. She's been fighting this since July 2015 and for the most part kicking cancer's ass.

I'd appreciate if you read this if you would send prays, good juju... whatever you believe in for my momma.
Wrangler

We have been holding your mom up in prayer since I read this. I know how difficult it can be to care for someone who we havent had the best of relationships with.

I am sure you are doing everything you can to help her and to be there for her.

Continued prayers