Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #95
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm guilty of the hon, honey, dear, etc thing. Sometimes. I don't say it to just anyone and it stems directly from my upbringing. I'm from the South and everyone was a darlin' or sweetie or whatnot. Just like I'll still call elderly woman Miss and whatever their first name is. That's just the way I was brought up, although I do try to put a cork in it when around folks that might not feel comfy with it.

It irks me tremendously when someone who is NOT from the South (at least, to my knowledge) does it. It irks me more when it's condescending, no matter who says it.

Frankly, I'm so damn picky and finnicky, I don't know how I've gotten as many people to live with me as I have.

Everything has a place and there's a place for everything. Lids gets screwed on tight, not just 'put on' something. Ovens get wiped every day, as do counter tops. If a freshly washed and dried dish (by someone else of course, as it would not happen with me) still has spots or bits of food on it, it gets washed again. Immediately.

I think having proper manners covers a lot of stuff that's already been posted, whether it's a burp issue or mess leaving issue or someone just not being courteous to others in the household.

As for the specific circumstance of having crumbs in the butter, I get squinchy-faced when I see it, but I don't always scoop it out because I know they are just going to return. It's a never ending battle and some days I'm just plumb out of ammo.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: