How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Mustard on the CHEESE?: Idiosyncracies!

I was making lunch this morning and had a flash memory of something from way back when.

Back in my early 20's, I was dating someone who was just chock full of idiosyncracies and used to make me insane with her particular way of doing things.

I was busy making a sandwich for her one afternoon and she was hovering over me watching my every move. When I put the two pieces of bread down and spread a nice layer of mustard on one piece, she immediately stopped me and said, "Mayo has to be on the other piece - Mustard CAN NOT be on both pieces"

So I obliged and then got out some lunchmeat and laid a couple of pieces out. I then grabbed some sliced cheese and laid it out on the bread.

At that point, she SHRIEKED and proclaimed that she "COULD *NOT* EAT THAT SANDWICH BECAUSE I HAD PUT THE MUSTARD ON THE CHEESE!!!"

I remember whipping around at her and saying something like, "What the hell are you talking about???? It all goes in the same hole! Do you think your mouth knows the difference if whether the cheese was put on the mayo side or the mustard side??"

She insisted that it DID make a difference.

I later discovered at her Mother's house that her entire family were "No Mustard on the Cheese" people!!!

Anyway, I was making our sandwiches this morning and I couldnt help but bust out laughing about this. I know we all probably have certain ways that we like to do things, not just with food but with our everyday stuff.

Jack has a particular issue with the toilet being over the roll ("Like a waterfall" she says).

And I believe that ice cream must be eaten in a coffee cup.

What's yours?!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: