Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Welcome to the new and improved America!

Cops force lesbian to leave ladies’ toilet after refusing to believe she’s a woman

A lesbian is forcibly removed from a ladies’ toilet by police who don’t believe she’s a woman in jaw-dropping footage.

In the video, an unidentified woman can be seen in a standoff with the cops, as she tries to convince them that she’s female.

Her friends intervene and try to reassure the officers she’s a girl, but they insist on seeing identification if she wants to stay.

And when she declines their demand, they manhandle her out of the toilet, calling her “sir” and ignoring her pals as they shout “she’s a girl”.

Eventually police tell her friends “you can all leave if you want” causing them to reply that they will before the video ends.

Blogger Tamara McDaniel, who shared the footage on Facebook, said the police were punishing the woman’s dress sense.

She also made reference to new legislation targeting the transgender community passed in the American state of North Carolina.

The new rules require transgender people to use only those public toilets that correspond to the gender given on their birth certificates.

Viewers implied the new law was the reason the police were asking the girl for identification and heaped scorn on them for enforcing the rules.

Tamara wrote: “A lesbian was harassed and forced to leave a public restroom because the police insist she's a man. Is this what ‘Make America Great Again’ means?

“This makes me very sad and I want no part of this irrational fear. I mean, can't you think of a 1,000 ways these laws will be used as an excuse to harass, humiliate, and arrest people?”

Since the video was posted online last week it has caused a storm of outrage, being watched more than two million times and generating over four thousand comments.

Claire Wilson wrote: “Absolutely disgraceful. It's bad enough that a woman is ejected from a women's restroom because she's not wearing ‘women's clothes’.

“But isn't it a bit ridiculous that they sent men in there to get her? Doesn't sending two men in just exacerbate the discomfort of the idiot that reported her?”

Liz Wendler added: “This seriously made my heart race with anger. Thank you to the other women there who were vouching for this woman. If only the government would show the same solidarity!”

President Barack Obama last week insisted transgender British tourists would be treated with “extraordinary hospitality” during a press conference with Prime Minister David Cameron.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...-woman-female-

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: