View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 01:51 PM   #293
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,996 Times in 9,940 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Here in right wing Orange County, I have seen several expensive cars, including Escalades and Range Rovers, with Trump bumper stickers.

I also just saw a beat up truck with a bumper sticker that in big letters said: Hillary and in smaller ones: For prison.

John Birch still lives here.

Also, not long ago, I posted about a KKK gathering in an Anaheim park.

*Sigh*
My son's are biracial -- predominantly their physical appearance is of black ethnicity. When I first moved to the place I've lived, the first thing I learmed, for our own safety, from an d.v. counselor and personal friend, what that the KKK has *always* had strong roots in my home state in the Pacific northwest.

But it's not just reduced to something simple as the KKK, when dealing with White privilege and it's other driving counterparts of hate, racially motivated hate, etc.

Having lived the better part of life, wirh raising my biracial sons in what used to be considered a safe social segment of society, has not always been easy for my son's or myself.

30+ years of fielding racially motivated behaviors of others has impacted my son's and I for what seems to be an eternity.

I'm not surprised at all that white privilege and racialized hate is still an driving factor in American present day society.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: