Uli

How Do You Identify?:
fat girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married!

Tournaments Won: 1

Uli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Being adopted is a mixed bag for me. I will not speak for other adoptees just for me. I am so grateful that I was given a chance to live and not aborted. However, my life has felt transitory like I had no anchor. I think that it has shown up in my relationships with friends and partners. Everything is temporary to me.

I had a coworker back in the 80's (during my disco days) say to me "everyone can be replaced". I think that stuck with me because I was re replaced.

Just a little insight into an adoptees world.
That unanchored/no roots/can't fully attach thing is something I experience, too. And, it's a very commonly expressed experience on the adult adoptee forum I posted a link to earlier in the thread. Reading other adoptees describe feelings that are familiar to me has been somewhat healing, but still, the feeling persists. There are some psychologists who believe that adoption trauma is some of the hardest trauma to work through, since the source occurred before we were verbal.
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uli For This Useful Post: