Old 03-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #72
Blue_Daddy-O

How Do You Identify?:
Retro Daddy, Male-Identified
Preferred Pronoun?:
He Him Sir Mister Husband Dom Master
Relationship Status:
Single and ready for a garden party

Blue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by violaine View Post
there was the time stopped at a red light-, it was a bright, hot, summer florida afternoon, and a glowing grasshopper rested upon my thigh. thank goodness, i thought, it was not a [grasshopper] relative! even to me, at that moment in traffic, that i would fear such a small insect for all of these years of my life, seemed irrational in light of several things: a] in native culture the understanding is pretty full of important lessons [as are paths taken gaining awareness more deeply, with other guides], and a repeated connection to this jumping animal seemed to make sense. b] i was much, much larger than that animal; picking him up would cause him distress.

another late afternoon, walking a trail [environmental studies centre], there were swarms of grasshoppers, and i froze on the dirt road. eventually, someone came along and helped me get past them. so, i've been working on not being so afraid of several of their habits, mainly, the "sticking" sound made by them whenver landing on something, and associating that something to being me.

outside last night with a friend walking the park, i found a small grasshopper on the sidewalk and decided to get closer, hold out my hand, then ever so lightly touch the green insect. all went really well i thought, until the cast-iron flawless orthopteron leap
!
Hahahaha... this gave me a great laugh Belle. The visual of seeing this happen. I'm glad you shared it.

Sometime I will have to hear the story behind your grasshopper phobia.
Blue_Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue_Daddy-O For This Useful Post: