View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #209
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,127 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation
Default American Crime

I tend to watch shows in a pretty critical way and with some cynicism. i'm always looking for inconsistencies in the filiming, even shows i end up really getting into. I stay pretty detached.

American Crime is blowing my fuckin mind. i am almost through the 2nd season. Watching the first season took me forever (which is odd for me because i'm soooo a binge watcher these days). i kept getting so pissed off and aggravated and irritated and and and... (how much redundancy can y'all handle?) For probably the first 4 or 5 episodes every time i'd stop Netflix i kept telling myself i wasn't going to watch any more. But then i would....and get all worked up over it again. i was talking to the tv. me. Talking to the characters. So silly. But omFg.

This 2nd season is hitting even closer to home. i cried tonight. Over a tv show! And not my usual, "oh how sweet," 15 second choke-up. i cried.

i keep telling myself it's just a tv show. It's scripted and the actors are playing pretend. But this shit is happening for real. The only time i've had such strong reactions watching something have been during (and after) a few documentaries. i'm just so blown away by it.

Here's the wiki article on it