View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #24
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
my mom passed on the 2nd. i've been staying with her, caring for her for the last two years. i feel kinda shellshocked. there's been enough stuff to keep me busy, with funeral arrangements, planning the wake, tying up the loose ends of a life completed.

in some ways, i feel kind of numb around it all. i don't cry much now. quite a bit the first day or so. all us kids were with her when she passed. i don't mind if i never watch another person die. it was fucking hard.

i keep wondering when the big emotional dump will come. anyone?
Hey again, little man...

I don't recall how long it was after my mother has passed........maybe a couple of months??? Not sure. But I can remember as if it just happened today...

I was driving. I had just gotten off the freeway and was rounding a curve on the access road. Out of the blue, my eyes welled up with tears and my chest felt as if it would explode. I had to pull over, and I just lost it.

That wasn't the last time it happened either.

When it hit me, it hit me hard.

I wish you peace.