Old 03-21-2014, 04:37 AM   #302
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

okieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Old Butch Here

Hello

The history fiend in me wants to point out, that in the US at least, 'butch' was a blue collar, working class lesbian. Alot also refered to themselves as dykes. It's not a term you would ever have heard on a college campus, at least not an individual calling themselves such. Being called a butch was an insult-as it still is in some circles.

As for me, I'm blue collar and call myself a queer butch dyke.

I have no problem with the younger generations refering to themselves in other ways. Everyone should have to right to label-or NOT label-as their heart needs. I'm certainly not going to tell them otherwise.

No, I dont think 'butch' is a dying group.

Having said all that, I DO have a problem with college/universities lgbtq/queer/gender/womens studies programs who dont teach any damned thing about where we came from, who all those groups and activists are/were and all the SHIT some had to wade through to just survive. THAT seriously pisses me off.
okieblu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to okieblu For This Useful Post: