Old 11-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #43
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
I'm going to ask a question - what if anything makes this image queer other than we know it to be queer.
Fantastic question! I'm interested to know too.

From this artist's perspective...

When I first showed the pic to some non-queer friends, they jokingly said, "Huh, you're drawing normal guy-girl now... That one's a total dude." I said, "Yeah. I thought I liked femslash, turns out I'm just another sucker for good ol' fashioned romance... with a twist." It's been a challenge and a fascination to find that elusive balance of masculinity and femininity in BF art. For 'Beach Splash', as well as 'Evening Wear', my foremost inspiration was based on a femme sentiment I've read in a few threads discussing butch masculinity. It went along the lines of "Why butches? If you like masculine so much, why not go with guys," and the reply was, "Because they have all the traits I want in a man, and not the ones that I don't want." I've been pondering on what that might mean, and dabbled in it through art with varying degrees of success. A man... who's not a man. Am still pondering.
Samurai Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post: