Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,004 Times in 9,946 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Why people continue to make excuses for the unvaccinated when they are clearly the ones causing a majority of the problems, putting others' health and lives at risk, and giving the virus a much better chance to continue to thrive and mutate is beyond me., They are also of course the ones who are by far most at risk for being hospitalized (putting unnecessary strain on healthcare workers and facilities) and/or dying.

Do the vaccinated need to take the proper precautions?. Absolutely. And many are not. I prefer to avoid people most of the time anyway so I stay home and I am perfectly okay with it. Can they can get COVID. Yes. But the way I see it discussed is usually completely out of context and very misleading and is not at all helpful. Getting vaccinated is by far and away the best thing people can do to protect themselves and others. That is what should be emphasized. And no it's not 100% bulletproof. Nothing in life is. I don't understand the focus some people seem to have on putting the onus on the vaccinated. Carry on.

I'm not controlled by anyone's comments but I do listen to science because the virus doesn't care about whacko anti-vax beliefs. It's just looking for a home. And yes I do believe what we say matters, especially with all of the misiformation going around.
I found a very interesting news article over on The Atlantic which delves deeper into the anti-vax phenomena in our American society, Bulldog.

Kurt Anderson records that, "Millions of Americans were tricked by propogandists of the political right into forgoing vaccinations and thus volunteering for death by Covid."

Anderson outlines how this happened by offering sociological study findings.

Link to news article:
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...nation/621355/

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: