Old 08-28-2014, 07:48 PM   #31
D Phryxus

How Do You Identify?:
bi femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine
Relationship Status:
Poly-married

D Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy self esteem

A lot of my relationship fears and concerns relate to my own self-esteem. i know this and admit to it.

I am poly and I am married to a man. WE have dated separately and we have dated the same person in both closed and open relationship.
The fears that developed after a few tries at dating the same person is a few of them about 3-6 months into dating have broken things off with me saying that they are only interested in my husband and do not find me sexually attractive.
This was a low-blow. I felt like it was the equivalent of taking my self-esteem and throwing it on the ground in order to stomp on a few times before throwing it into a meat grinder.
(side note: my husband did not continue dating these woman because he felt they were not open and honest enough about what they wanted and resented their treatment of me)

As someone who is naturally nervous about approaching women in general...the previosu relationships caused me to wonder if any woman would ever be interested in me.

I ended up dating again but I still have these insecurities about my own attractiveness, especially when it comes to sexual relationships.