Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default More COVID-19 related news concerning PPE (extended use of glove wear issues)

One of the unintended consequences of having to wear gloves (masks, too) is that your skin is at risk. On my journey's at work, and because of revised safety protocols which demand that PPE be worn at all times while on campus, I *was* wearing nitrile gloves but had to quit wearing them because wearing these types of gloves for extended periods of time, sets up hazards for your skin (example: you can get contact dermatitis or fungal skin conditions).

I found an article online at ISHN (a website devoted to industrial complex issues, etc) about the hazards of wearing nitrile/latex gloves (for those interested in finding out more about this particular on-the-job safety issue).

LINK ~~~>>>> Sweaty Gloves Can Cause Health Problems

I spent some time yesterday, searching local business outlets for alternative gloves. The best I could find were cotton/jersey gardening gloves (in lavender and pink) and high-visibility safety gloves - which help your hands to breathe and not get sweaty.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: