Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Toll of Covid-19 (JAMA, 12th of October 2020)

Tonight, I surfed to The Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA) and read a very interesting article concerning the Covid-19 death toll.

Here is an brief excerpt from the article and I will leave a link too, because on the right side of the web page, JAMA has other tabs a reader can click on, which features other interesting facts and details about other Covid-19 impacts:

Quote:
A tiny virus reverberates through the whole of society, and a pandemic such as COVID-19 disrupts lives; health and well-being; and schools, workplaces, travel, restaurants, conferences, exhibitions, musical events, and sporting contests. The economic losses are enormous, yet calculable, as clearly described in the Viewpoint by Cutler and Summers.10 According to the authors, the economic cost of COVID-19 thus far exceeds an estimated $16 trillion, nearly an entire year of the nation’s economic output. An estimated 47% of this total is due to lost gross domestic product and the remaining 53% to health loss. Notably reinforcing the message conveyed by Simon et al,9 the estimates by Cutler and Summers10 suggest that more than 18% of the health loss is due to mental health impairment.
Link to JAMA article found ~~~>>>>> Here.

Link to Culter and Summers article found ~~~>>>>> Here.

Check out the Op-Ed's on the second link, to the right of the page. I like how credible experts weigh in on fact vs fiction. Seriously good reading; I enjoyed a few articles featured on the Cutler and Summers page.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote