Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation
Default Growing older

I would like people to comment about their process of growing older, whether it be becoming elderly, or moving from youth to adulthood or adulthood to middle age.
I’m 65, soon to be 66 and while I really embrace this crone stage, I find myself pondering how difficult things can be because of my age. Little things like being able to open up canned goods. Big things like using a Rototiller. Realizing that my memory isn’t is solid as it used to be. I horrifyingly discovered that I am, THE crotchety old lady that chases kids out of her yard in the neighborhood! Lol.
There’s things that I yearn to still do. There’s things I am so so happy that I did back in the day, even if I can’t do them again now. I’m pissed with all the medical tests they put me through . And I hate changing the way I eat. I always had a sweet tooth but now I’m pre-diabetic. I need to really concentrate on what foods I eat. I am so grateful that I am in a loving relationship with my husband. And at this point I’m far enough away from all my old relationships to realize the value of them, and feel grateful for the lessons I learned from them. Maybe that’s why this last relationship is working so well…
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: