theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'll be turning 62 at the end of this month. I've been noticing some subtle (and not so subtle) changes in my mind and body.

I've had bad, horrible knees for ages now.....9 surgeries, including 2 total joint replacements on each knee, amongst 4 others (arthroscopics and a major reconstruction, back in 1989). On top of this, I am into the beginning stages of Diabetes II. I was told to expect this, since I developed an endocrine disorder while on active duty in the USMC, back in the late 70's/early 80's. The military/VA now consider me to be 100%+ service connected for this problem, in itself. The diabetes is considered secondary to all of this, in addition to hypothyroidism.

So, as the years pass, my body is slowly, but surely, breaking down. I walk with a cane nowdays and take a handful of pills each day to try to control the symptoms of the problems I was warned about getting, earlier in my life. The Testosterone I inject, every 2 weeks, has caused me to lose most of the hair on top of my head (male patterned baldness), though I totally don't lack for hair everywhere else!!! I have gray temples now, and most of the hair on my chin (I have a full beard) is now gray. I never ask, "What next??", because, as providence would have it, the fates would send more maladies to visit upon me, just for asking.

Someone once said, "Never regret growing old. It is a privilege denied to many.". I never heard anyone tell anyone else to "Never regret getting old AND SICK", as that doesn't really seem to be the object of the game. Does it??

Best wishes for all of us, for good health and peace.

~Theo~