Old 06-30-2016, 05:12 PM   #5
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Excellent topic!

Being older, I guess I don't really require much from having a sense of gay community at this age but I too wonder how the younger folks find or maybe they don't even require a sense of community??
I'm in my early 60's and I remember having bars, support groups, and a local publication (Gay People's Union) that all lent to a sense of community! The support groups at the Counseling Center in Milwaukee dealt with all ranges and ages. From those questioning their sexuality (My Space) to those who knew their sexuality (Our Space) to older lesbians (Silver Space).
Those programs/groups no longer exist and I wonder sometimes if that's a good or bad thing!

Even at our ages there could become a need for support. Especially when Homophobia rears its ugly voice.

So, in your early 60's, what do you think your area could do to get you involved in helping to start a community?
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post: