View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #189
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
As the ability to actually have my top surgery is becoming a very real possibility. I was wondering what the recovery was like for everyone when they had theirs. What was mobility like? How dependent were you, if at all on someone else and for how long? What was the pain level like for you? How hard was it to change any dressings, etc. Being diabetic I know my recovery time will likely be longer than the average person.
I felt pretty limited with regard to mobility. I don't know how much of that was "real" and how much was me being extra careful because I didn't want to create a negative situation for myself.

Immediately after the surgery I felt very dependent on the friends who were helping me. After half a day or so, I was able to do pretty much everything for myself. Again, though, I didn't push it.....did little to nothing and let others help when they offered.

I wasn't in a great deal of pain. I was uncomfortable, of course, but the pain wasn't bad at all. And I don't recall having any issues with keeping things sanitary and clean, changing bandages, etc...

I suggest taking off as much time from work as possible, doing as little as possible, and just letting yourself rest, recover, and heal. Sleep is good.

My best...