View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #191
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

The person who agreed to take care of me after my surgery backed out, so I didn't have anyone to care for me post-surgery. However my GP nurse made a few phone calls and arranged to have a visiting nurse check on me, and two meals delivered daily. He visited me once a week for the first three weeks, and was awesome. My mobility was unhindered, I just didn't want to raise my arms the first few days. It was very easy to change my dressings because I laid down in bed to do it. I was not in a great deal of pain and refused my pain medication, I did take ibuprofen though. I was home for six weeks, because my surgeon was unwilling to have me doing the heavy lifting, pushing and pulling which is part of my job, any sooner than that. As some of you might have noticed, I was not pleased with this, but in the end, I understand that it was in my best interest. When I returned to work, it was without any restrictions, and I had no difficulty doing my job. Thinker is correct, rest is good. I spent a great deal of time reading at first, and then started taking walks to help my "cabin fever." I continued to experience fatigue several months after I returned to work, it took awhile to get that anaesthesia out of my system. I actually listened to my surgeon and resumed working out, only after she cleared me to do so.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post: