Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
I felt pretty limited with regard to mobility. I don't know how much of that was "real" and how much was me being extra careful because I didn't want to create a negative situation for myself.

Immediately after the surgery I felt very dependent on the friends who were helping me. After half a day or so, I was able to do pretty much everything for myself. Again, though, I didn't push it.....did little to nothing and let others help when they offered.

I wasn't in a great deal of pain. I was uncomfortable, of course, but the pain wasn't bad at all. And I don't recall having any issues with keeping things sanitary and clean, changing bandages, etc...

I suggest taking off as much time from work as possible, doing as little as possible, and just letting yourself rest, recover, and heal. Sleep is good.

My best...
Thank you. I intend to take a bit of time off work to recover. I was planning two weeks worth of time off, and then from there, working from home for awhile as well, but after reading what everyone has said, it seems like I might have to find a way to take more than that if possible. I have a desk job though, so fortunately, no lifting or anything of that nature, just typing on a computer.

I feel like there is a good chance that I will limit myself in terms of my own self conscious and worries about not wanting to hurt myself, or cause any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
I suggest you go back to the beginning of this thread and do some reading. I started this thread and asked a lot of questions and got a lot of input plus I was pretty good right away at documenting my recovery.

I think I was off for 7 to 8 weeks. I was an independent contractor and was able to take off during a slow part of the year.

I think the hardest part was the surface area of the scar is so big so during the healing process it did bug me some. More then most the surgeries I've had but it was more irritating then anything especially during the itchy stage of healing.
Thanks, I will certainly be reading back through this thread for sure to get any information, and advice from it that I can.

I am not looking forward to the itchy stage, that is for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
The person who agreed to take care of me after my surgery backed out, so I didn't have anyone to care for me post-surgery. However my GP nurse made a few phone calls and arranged to have a visiting nurse check on me, and two meals delivered daily. He visited me once a week for the first three weeks, and was awesome. My mobility was unhindered, I just didn't want to raise my arms the first few days. It was very easy to change my dressings because I laid down in bed to do it. I was not in a great deal of pain and refused my pain medication, I did take ibuprofen though. I was home for six weeks, because my surgeon was unwilling to have me doing the heavy lifting, pushing and pulling which is part of my job, any sooner than that. As some of you might have noticed, I was not pleased with this, but in the end, I understand that it was in my best interest. When I returned to work, it was without any restrictions, and I had no difficulty doing my job. Thinker is correct, rest is good. I spent a great deal of time reading at first, and then started taking walks to help my "cabin fever." I continued to experience fatigue several months after I returned to work, it took awhile to get that anaesthesia out of my system. I actually listened to my surgeon and resumed working out, only after she cleared me to do so.
I am sorry to hear that the person who had agreed to take care of you, bailed on you. I am fortunate that my partner will be around to take care of me when the time comes. That and since I am going to hopefully go with a local doctor, I will be able to stay within the comfort of my own home in the first few days as well.

I don't really get cabin fever, so I am fortunate in that regard. I will be perfectly happy to lay around in bed and watch movies all day, and play video games as I doze in and out of sleep.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post: