atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

1. Have you ever been a victim of domestic violence/intimate partner abuse. by this I mean - have you ever been abused by your partner physically, emotionally, etc.

Not physically, but my ex-wife was both verbally and emotionally abusive to me.

2. Where did this event take place? (city, State).

At the time we lived in Walnut Creek, Ca

3. Did you seek services? shelter, supportive services, counseling?

I left her and then saw a Therapist.

4. What was the outcome of the services you sought? (were you helped?, did you feel you were discriminated against in any way, etc.?).

The therapist I worked with helped me a great deal. She helped me understand why I stayed with someone for so long who was so mean, and now I see the red flags and avoid them.

5. what do you thing should change in regards to LGBT services for victims of domestic violence/ intimate partner abuse?

I really don't know because I haven't needed much in the way of services, myself. It wasn't a matter for the police and I didn't need a shelter. I stayed with my folks for a month and then got my own apartment. My friends and other family gave me a lot of support, and my folks paid for my therapy. I was very lucky!
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post: