Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Gender fluid for me became clear by learning more about Native American Two-Spirit foundations. This brought me personally to a peaceful place about my female-masculinity- my butchness.

We all get there in whatever way we fits for us individually. A spiritual journey away from Christianity was mine. It also brought me to allowing myself some balance with all of the things I am where butch is one part. When I have had the negative (sometimes, plain cruel and bigoted) things happen to me that we go through as masculine women or butches, male & female identified and all of our transgendered, transsexual or intergendered formations, these concepts have given me a much less stressful emotional state of being. Every one of us does this differently, which makes it all the richer.

One book (there are many) that I got a lot from is-

Two-spirit people : Native American gender identity, sexuality, and spirituality

Sue-Ellen Jacobs; Wesley Thomas & Sabine Lang (snippet from an ad about the book).

This landmark book combines the voices of Native Americans and non-Indians, anthropologists and others, in an exploration of gender and sexuality issues as they relate to lesbian, gay, trans-gendered, and other "marked" Native Americans. Focusing on the concept of two-spirit people - individuals not necessarily gay or lesbian, transvestite or bisexual, but whose behaviors or beliefs may sometimes be interpreted by others as uncharacteristic of their sex - this book is the first to provide an intimate look at how many two-spirit people feel about themselves, how other Native Americans treat them, and how anthropologists and other scholars interpret them and their cultures.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: