How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, thanx yep totally I get that and can see where Rope may have taken Atlast's post slightly differently then (I believe) it was meant.

And for the general record I do believe butch and femme etc. just as likely or not to be gender fluid (I think I mention that in my OP but I'm to lazy to look). I can only speak for me but my not taking "butch" any further in my life really doesn't have a lot, well perhaps a little, but not a great deal to do with my gender fluid-ness (nor feeling anything negative toward the butch femme community, on the contrary I have big family type luvs for many peeps and friends here and in my r/l)

For me it's more in my own intellectual understanding of myself coupled with there being more expansive queer terminology choices out there today than there used to be and I have found synchronicity with other gender identities more closely aligned with who I am and what I feel. In other words I found rather than remaining a bit of an "exception to the rule" every time I turned around in butch, more apropos place and terminology had become apparent where I'm not an exception. (which does not mean I think butch is limited)

And really, I'm not especially fond at this point of outwardly needing to define myself anyway, but the "software program that constantly runs in the background", (thank you HB I love that) the center balance of my fluidity if one must have a nutshell term is just more aligned with Boi and in looser GQ identities than in Butch (Boi having zero to do with maturity, age, or Leather roles to be clear).

Ok, before I ramble too much off topic... I just wanted to be a bit more clear on that, I suppose people can either get it or not but that's just the way it is.

Last edited by Jett; 08-15-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post: