How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Fluid: changing readily; shifting; not fixed, stable, or rigid.....

For me, butch has a rich and long history, yet has come to a time in which it appears to have shifted to allow for the changes in gender that were masked for a very long time. I don't feel this degrades butch at all, it opens up new avenues for us to experience. I see this as a way to not remain in a rigid state of being. I feel that for others that are trans, this is a way to extend butch foundations - which is why I don't question anyone that is transitioning and keeps their butch identification.

As Met has brought up, my hope is that the B-F community can also have room for those of us that for various reasons, just don't find butch to really fit our gender fluidity. I have just made some shifts that work better for me. And I certainly don't get riled-up with being called butch. It is a part of me, but doesn't cover the whole of me.

Something else that struck me was HB talking about behavior being defined via one's gender. I don't do certain things because of my B-F identity, I do it because of who I am as a whole based upon my history, experiences and all of the other cultural parameters that have shaped me.

I see the very same kinds of behavioral assumptions made of femmes all the time. Sometimes this just feels like being boxed-up and packaged to me with preconceived notions about how I am (and femmes) are to act.
Hey Atlast, I think... I may have to make a clarification b/c what I highlighted there feels a bit off like it maybe could be misread as to what I'd said earlier.

My choice that butch wasn't the best fit for me was more a personal thing and doesn't rest solely on my gender fluidity as I kind of explained in my last post. I know you're speaking for yourself and what you meant but just want to keep clear on my personal perspective. No offense I hope...

Peace,
Metro

Last edited by Jett; 08-15-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post: