Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Christian Dior <3

I love hats. Back when I was a little girl, both my mom and her mother loved to wear hats and they even bought matching hats for all of us girls in the family to wear to church on special Sunday's or especially on Easter Sunday.

Christian Dior hats were the rage.

My mom stored our hats in the boxes provided for each hat. Then she stacked all our hats inside a vintage steamer trunk, which she found years ago at an estate auction.

See the Christian Dior hat in the picture below? We actually had hats exactly like that style; Christian Dior hats. Mom's hat was a medium shade of beige; her mom's hat was the same color too. Both had Navy blue trim. But the hats they found for us were in a softer shade of what I thought was a pearly, iridescent shade of beige, with navy blue trim. Our little girl hats were trimmed with netting, wrapped and attached to the band around the hat. We wore our special hats on Easter Sunday and we even had matching dresses (our family seamstress made them for us) and gloves. Purses too. I'm fairly certain our shoes matched too, because matching colors across one's whole attire was a fashion specific to that era in time (the late 50's, early 60's).

Oh, those were the days.

Just reading your forum thread tonight on vintage hats gives me the desire to begin a hobby involving hats. I do love hats.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote