Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

I'd be very interested in what folks consider essential with reagrd to camping, and also any tips for any particularly lightweight equipment. I'd add that I'm in the UK, and the kind of camping I mean means turning up at a campsite where you pay for a spot to pitch your tent, and there are generally at least basic amenities (toilet plus tap) on site. Last time it was more like turning up at a hotel where all you had to do was provide your own room! Yes, I'd love to experience the wilderness kind, but, sadly, that's no longer realistic for me.

Because I can't drive, when I've gone camping in the past, I tended to pile everything onto a folding porters trolley that I bought, and lug that around by train and taxi to and from the camping site. Finding that a bit heavy though (ironically, the porters trolley itself is fairly heavy!), last time I tried using a couple of shopping trolleys instead, to split the load. which was an improvement.

To avoid possible confusion I mean this kind of thing: http://www.lakeland.co.uk/25438/Easy...olding-Trolley

- not the four-castor things one uses in a supermarket! 8-}

But due to health/strength considerations, I now need to see if I can get that down to a single such trolley plus no more than 2-3 kgs carried. I'm good living off simple rations, and stuff you can just add water to, even if cold, for a few days, if need be. Any advice?
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post: