Old 11-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #25
Sparx1_1
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Bullied and silenced
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Timed-out - Deliberate abuse of site resources in public user notes and profile.

Sparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBoi View Post
Last night I dreamed I was standing outside talking to Medusa and Jack on the phone. I looked up and saw a MASSIVE tornado. It was close to impacting my house, close. I said "oh shit, I gotta go!" and hung up, ran inside, gathered the dogs and went into the bathroom, braced my feet on the bathroom cabinet and my back against the bathroom door to hold it closed. I waited a bit and nothing happened. So, I went back outside and it was like it was never there. No one around me saw it, no one seemed to believe me. So, I went into this field where this man had a contraption that you can stand on and it will take you up into the sky to look for tornadoes. lol. I got on it and I saw about 12 tornadoes, but they were all small ones and no sign of the monster that I had see earlier, that appeared to be several miles wide. Finally when I left the field and was walking back, I passed some older ladies and they were going on about the monster tornado that they had seen. I was excited that someone else had seen it. That's pretty much the end of the dream. I called Angie back and went out to their house for dinner like nothing ever happened.
Tornados are a pretty common theme for people who are in a situation where they fear there is something in their life that could go horribly wrong if they let their guard down for even a minute. You were distracted (on the phone) and suddenly there is was. You have a back up plan ready to go at a moments notice (hiding in the bathroom) but nothing happened - meaning you are not really sure if your plan will actually work if you have to use it.

The contraption is preventative measures. If you can get up high enough you can see what's going on and identify the issues (12 little tornadoes) that surround the bigger problem. This is the part of the dream you should focus on... finding ways to learn more about the issue(s) that may be impacting you. Identifying the little tornadoes made the big one go away.

The fact of people not believing is an indication that the people you normally turn to for support may not have the ability to help you in the ways they normally would - likely because they simply do not have the necessary experience. The two old ladies (experience and wisdom) however may have ideas and solutions you can use so keep your eye out for other ways to get the information/support you need.
Sparx1_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparx1_1 For This Useful Post: