Old 04-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #17
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

For those that don't know, I work for a hotel. This hotel has been here for almost 50 years, changing hands along the way a few times, and after all this time they still do not have the proper access for those on wheels or using canes and walkers. I mean, there have been some renovations done but the HA door to the lobby is.....well, not. Two entrances. One has a slight ramp leading into the back of our lobby area. This, the official HA door, is usually locked.

I know.

Sometimes during the day, it's open but it's always locked after dark. The other entrance has a fairly heavy door and there's no automatic door button for that one. I've suggested it; asked for it...but all the owners see (past and present) is the bottom line. What they don't see is a potential lawsuit and how much that would cost in the end not to mention that I just feel damn BAD when I see someone struggling with it. I get upset and annoyed FOR the guest because it should BE there already for them to use.

Honestly, I am genuinely surprised that we've passed inspections with a major brand with the layout like this. It really makes me wonder.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: