View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #212
Jude

How Do You Identify?:
I'm Fluid (comfortable being me)
Preferred Pronoun?:
"Hey Jude"

1 Highscore

Jude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone find themselves missing their childhood friends. I miss my little Joanie more and more as time passes. My dad used to talk about his friends and how much he missed them. At the time I thought it was odd but now I'm doing the same. I wonder why we do that,or am I just one of the few people that get that nostalgic? Is it about getting that unconditional love and caring? Or is it about going back or not facing death or the complexities of life or what?? I have too much time to think today.

I found that interesting and have the same experience. Suspect that the memories that have been in there lurking the longest sometimes leave the strongest imprint. I find myself wondering about childhood friends, casual acquaintances known for a day or two 30 years ago. It's peculiar. I think about the little butch in grade school that I used to play doctor with :-) Agree that it's a strange sense of nostalgia. They say that the truly elderly tend to relive their infancy. I find that frightening, personally.
Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jude For This Useful Post: