Old 03-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #11
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know...I still think it is such an awkward phrase. Does anyone else think this? Maybe b/c I never heard it IRL (in real life)? I have never actually heard someone say the phrase, just read it.

In thinking more about it...it feels almost "uncomfortable" (can't think of a better word at this point). Like, it feels off putting. It feels like the person is saying, "step back", or "case closed". Or almost like you insulted the person. Yes...that is what it is...I think that a lot of the times I have seen it used, it has been in response to something that insulted the person and/or it was almost used in a way to shame the person for having "questioned" them.

However, by the same token, I have seen it used in just a random post where there has not been any engagement at all and the person is just using it as an exclamation point, of sorts.

I don't know...the phrase has just always disturbed me.

---------

ETA: OR maybe it seems like the person is saying "this is my opinion, so you can't argue it", instead of just the "this is what I believe in my soul" definition I used earlier.

I dunno. Others thoughts?

P.S. I have never felt there being a "judgment" attached to it. Meaning, when the person uses the phrase, I do not see them as speaking to the other person's thoughts on the specific topic. I see them as only speaking to their own thinking on the subject. Does this make sense? I am not sure why I am having such a hard time flushing my thoughts out on this.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?

Last edited by DapperButch; 03-13-2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: add ons
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: