Old 12-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure my thoughts on this I might have to come back and change my mind. I know that scholastically kids these days on average are smarter than I was at their same age, I was an average student. I've seen things my niece has had for projects and I go OMG wonder how her friend so and so is doing this project with no computer no adult or older sibling to help. I agree Dapper when I was in school it seemed everything you would need was at school for the most part except maybe for a book report or science project or something like that. I remember writing good papers and making good grades on papers in high school but I also remember you got extra credit if it was typed. WHAT? I didn't have a typewriter at home.

So I really don't know how under privileged kids get by any more in school with their projects, especially like you mentioned if they need to use the computer and don't have one at home. I know we have some teachers here on the site maybe they have some idea's.

Someone mentioned college. College is expensive enough with tuition, books, housing etc. I know that many colleges now require incoming students to have a certain so and so this and that kind of computer with this and such programs and speed and blah blah blah.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: