View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

In the past few years, we have seen high profile cases of infidelity i.e.
Sandra Bullock/Jesse James, Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren, Elizabeth and John Edwards, and now Maria Shriver and Arnold.

All these women have or seem to be in the process of extracating themselves
from their marriages as opposed to trying to work things out/deciding things cant be worked out.

I am seeing this as a positive/empowering thing for women in general, tho I am having a hard time deciding why I think this.

Anyone else seeing this as a trend, a good thing or not so good thing, a sign of the times etc?

I think it is exciting that women are dealing with infidelity in their marriages in a high profile manner, because it threatens the status quo. I hope that their actions will empower other women to take control of their lives and settle for nothing less than what they wish.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post: