Old 05-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

This is pretty interesting as the bratboy and I were listening to NPR on the way to school this morning and it was stated that Arnold's child by Maria and ( alleged I think, still?) child by an employee in the household were like a week apart.

Bratboy says... " I think they should try to work it out". WHEW.... Deep breath.... My knee jerk is very different than what came out... a pregnant pause and" really? why do you think that?"

He said he felt like in a committed relationship people just need to work through problems. OK.. fair enough. I get where his views are coming from and did not argue with them based on my life experiences.

It was very interesting to me to hear that but not really surprising coming from a kid who is 17, never had a real relationship and has only felt the hurt his father caused by being absent in his life.

At his age, I may have felt the exact same way.

Today however, I feel just like folks who have posted above. Yes, there are issues in all relationships that should be met with more understanding and compromise and sacrifice, even. Infidelity to this degree has historically been exercised on the male part of high profile couples and historically has been the burden of the loving wife to "stand by her man".

I say KUDOS to Maria ! Dump him! I am still a little pissed that Hillary stuck in there, however, I am quite sure that her political climb in the aftermath may have been a direct result of her "compromise". Go girl.. you get your paper!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: