View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #13
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Awwww. That's wonderful! It sounds like it was the best of both for her -- she learned a lot and got to do something with Mom and Grandma.

LOL re the gluegun. i wouldn't put one of those in the hands of a kid either, BUT in reality their young hands are often more dextrous than our own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
Oh no! I think I am part of the problem! But I am okay with that. I work full time and do not have the opportunity to volunteer in the classroom or much at all.

We just finished a super fun project on birds. This was the culmination of a year of study for my daughter's third grade class. We had to make a nest for a Northern Pygmy Owl. My daughter came up with the concept and picked out the supplies at the store. I did help and so did Grandma because my daughter loves when we all do crafts together. It was so fun!! A hot glue gun was involved and so my Mom and I did that and burned ourselves! We made homemade clay eggs and got twigs by walking on the street and collecting them. My daughter came up with the construction of the tree we had to make and then told me how to assemble it.

I don't know. I don't think this was necessarily too difficult for her age. I really appreciate the projects where I get to help. It lets me see what she is doing and learning and it is an opportunity for us to do something together. I dropped her off really early and actually came in to school and looked at the other nests kids had made and talked to her teacher and it was good.

I think there is a happy medium between doing the project for your child and doing it together. I am grateful for the opportunity. I am also lucky and privileged to have the time to help her I know.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: