View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #18
greeneyedgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Thanked 3,267 Times in 835 Posts
greeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelli View Post
It's ridiculous to me at the number of teachers that spend their own money for supplies as well as ridiculous the amount of money it takes for field trips nowadays. I mean where is the balance.

My kids have gone on field trips to places that I haven't even been to yet. We used to go to the relatively close "park" for a field trip and my son goes to Disney? I am as guilty as the next person about not wanting to say "no" and for wanting my kids to have the experience that I never had and finding a way to send them.
my daughter's last school cut out just about all the field trips except for 2 to outdoor ed (one overnighter in 4th grade and 3.5 days in 5th) and a trip great america or six flags or some lame ass ish like that.

I am all for going on field trips...but so NOT down for spending mah hard earned $$ on crap trips to consumerville like disneyland. i want my kid to go to places i haven't, but i want the trips to have some substance too. i think it's important for our kids to get out of the box while they're still young. i plan on being on the school board next year to stir some ish up! i dunno how that's gonna work yet (being a single parent, a student and a commuter) but i'll fig it out!
greeneyedgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote