Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,634 Times in 3,981 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

my kid has her first teaching job and tomorrow is the first day of classes. OMG. She is a bundle of nerves. no. She is past that. She is snapping at everyone, not realizing it and trying to get everything done by tomorrow.

In talking with her, I reminded her some of it can be done after school tomorrow. And the next day. But her performance anxiety is getting to her.

it brings me back to the day I took her in for testing to begin her first day of school. It was just me and her and the tester. I watched my little blonde child's scalp turn red, her fist ball up in the empty hand and the knuckles that held the pencil turn white from the pressure of gripping it so tightly.

Where did she get this? I am so not like this. I can be a nutcase of anxiety inside and not show a sign of it. I take on tasks and never fear I cant complete them. If it gets done, fine. If not, I will not have started a nuclear war.

I will be glad when she has this first year under her belt.

and I can now tell you, I am so not looking forward to her first mommy years...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: