Old 09-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

just cause it's now "fall" doesn't mean you can't still BBQ!!

skeet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I absolutely love pork that is cooked on the grill. I have tried many recipes from both cook books and different web sites. After looking at a TON of recipes, I came up with this one by taking a little from one and a little from another. It took about 8 times but I finally came up with a combination that gets "Rave Reviews" every time I serve it.

SKEETER'S GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN
serves 4-6 people

MIX TOGETHER:
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup lite soy sauce
7 oz bottle oyster sauce (available at Krogers in the "Asian" section)
4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 ancho chili cut up in to small strips (or more or less to personal taste)
1 teaspoon of good quality cinnamon
the juice of two fresh limes
the zest of one of the limes

*see note at bottom*

Wash tenderloin off and pat it dry. Arrange in a large zip lock bag. In a bowl whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour marinade over pork. Turn pork to coat well. Chill pork, covered, turning it once or twice, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.

Prepare grill. I prefer to use coals vs. gas. I just like the taste better. But if using gas, I used the grill set at medium.

Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade, and arrange on a lightly oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals. (about med. hot coals). Grill pork turning it every 3 minutes, until a thermometer diagonally inserted 2 inches into center of tenderloin registers 155°-160°F. This takes 20-30 minutes.

Let pork stand 10 minutes (covered loosely in foil) before thinly slicing.

Serve with dipping sauce (below)

*note*. Add about 1 1/2 cup of water to marinade, reduce for a dipping sauce. I put the sauce on the stove at low-medium heat, letting it go to a slow boil for the whole time the tenderloin is grilling. Sometimes, I finish it off with 1-2 tablespoons of cold butter.

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post: