View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 04:39 PM   #297
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 1,669 Times in 615 Posts
Bubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST Reputation

By far the most demoralizing fact in the light of all this war, is the number of passive young women, unaware, uninterested and not willing to lift a finger in an effort to uphold the slightest level of rights stolen by the generations before them.

I called these rights "stolen", as they might have been gently borrowed by a generation or two, who cared enough to rally around these issues. Women's reproductive rights in America were not g-d given legislative charity, nor were they ever fully and completely "won". What has been won cannot be taken away without another war, without the counter-acttack. The struggle is real, the battle continues every day, every little bit we do not hold on to tightly may just slip away rapidly and for good.

Call me nuts but I feel personally responsible to carry on the torch. I feel compelled to do everything in my power to uphold the existing rights and fight for further amelioration. Social justice is in my blood, I owe it to my mother and my grandmothers. For this reason I do not understand carless young women of today who are so eager to simply lay down and let the sprit of this new war transport them back a century without knowledge, tools or means of hope.