Thread: Kavenaugh OMG
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 01:28 PM   #49
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

(IMHO)
The trouble with high ranking politicians, judges or celebrities who suffer from problems with alcohol or drug addiction is that privacy or anonymity might be dicey in groups like Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous.
Because all 12-step groups contain new members, they may not have learned the essential need for anonymity in the programs.
If they enter either program with serious money issues or remaining addictions, seeing a high profile member in the group may be seen as easy money, ripe for the picking. One call to a tabloid rag, accompanied with one easy to snatch cell phone picture could be worth thousands of dollars to a rat.
I think it's the reason George W. Bush never received treatment for his alleged alcoholism, and the same goes for Judge Budweiser.
If Bush truly did go cold turkey without a program, he was presiding over the executive branch as a dry drunk. Rumor has it he never went totally dry, but those allegations have not been proven. Regardless, Google, "dry drunk" and check out the symptoms.
As for Judge Budweiser, I suspect he won't be confirmed to the SCOTUS, but if he is, I pray that voters will change the make-up of the legislature from a GOP to a Democratic majority, at which point, everything Trump has fucked up can be erased like an Etch-a-Sketch.
Please vote on Nov. 6, or earlier if your country offers it.
Thanks!
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post: