theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatToast View Post
I don't know if your hunch is right or not, because the news changes as often as Trump changes his mind.
It may sound nuts, but my theory is the GOP leaders are banking on Flake and Murkowski to fall on the GOP sword and vote no on Kavanaugh to allow the rest of the party to save face with those creepy base Trump supporters.
I think any sentient human who watched even a few minutes of Kavanaugh's epic meltdown, with the sobbing and lipping off to Senators, knew he was ineligible via temperament and partisan bias alone to take any seat on any bench, much less the Supreme Court.
Then when Sen. Klobuchar started grilling him about his drinking and possible blackouts, his defensiveness was outrageous-- right of Shakespeare. I think that was the end of it for him.
But because the entire GOP legislature seems to be afraid of arousing Trump's volcanic fury, I think they are stuck pretending to want what Trump wants, without noticing that Trump has lost interest in the guy. You think Trump respects a man who cries over his drinking-- in public? i think Trump likes he-man dictator/tyrant types, not weak little crybabies who went to Yale. Your thoughts?
I dunno, Wheat, I hear what you're saying but I'm not sure so much matters to Trump right now. He's more concerned with getting a lackey on the SC bench to protect himself from impeachment/legal prosecution and Robert Mueller. Trump gives not a whit, or any real respect, for anyone except himself (I happen to think he is completely devoid of any kind of self respect, too). He'd tolerate, admire or befriend a million weak, sniveling, sobbing crybabies if he thought it would get him out of his "tight" with Mueller. Yeah, he's just that pathetic.

~Theo~