Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Martina Navratilova and Julia Lemigova celebrate engagement

Now, this is how marriage proposals at sporting events should be done.

Of course, it helps the person doing the proposing is Martina Navratilova at the U.S. Open, but still…

Navratilova was in the midst of an interview with Ken Solomon in the Tennis Channel suite Saturday when she turned to Lemigova, said she’d be asking the questions and dropped to one knee. Her longtime companion, Julia Lemigova, said yes and the the moment was shown on the big screen at the stadium.

“I was very nervous. It came off, and she said yes. It was kind of an out-of-body experience,” Navratilova said of the big moment, which came in the Tennis Channel’s suite. “You’ve seen people propose at sporting events before, in movies, in real life, and here it was happening to me. So I was like watching myself do that. It was cool.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...wpmm=AG0003326
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: