Old 01-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #47
Joe Mario

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
'He' will be fine.
Relationship Status:
happily involved

Joe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST Reputation
Default Recipe

Thanks for the recipe, Jess. I noticed there is no flour in the recipe. Is this correct?

I made Peanutbutter Cookies last month with Soy Flour substituted for the wheat flour in my family recipe. I also added some flax meal to add a bit more fiber and further reduce the net carbs .

Soy flour has 1/3 (or less) the carbs of wheat flour plus more fiber. It also has protien, which is absent in wheat flour. I don't know why bakeries don't make (100%) Soy Flour baked goods; they'd make a fortune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Lo Carb Peanut Butter Cookies

I have been making these for years, not knowing when I first started baking them that they are lo carb. I use only organic peanut butter. The ones that just have roasted peanuts on the ingredient list. The ones with sugar and other stuff in them, are not lo carb and the texture of the cookies will be very crumbly and they will fall apart.

• 2 cups peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup raw sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Note: These cookies do like to spread out a bit while baking, so leave space between each cookie. Also for even lower carbs, exchange the sugar with a sugar substitute of your choice.

Ciao,
~Joe Mario
Joe Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Mario For This Useful Post: