View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #1303
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
I wanted to come here to open my heart...once again,..to the wonderful friends & supporters I have !

About 2 months ago I began to have really severe pain, deep down in my bones, esp in the long bones. Initially was just hip & shoulder. Then about a month ago I began to have long bone pain, loss of appetite, weight changes, nausea after eating, and a sudden onset of pain in ribs, shoulders, neck, & down into my hands. I saw an oncologist who ordered a bone scan, a CT of whole body, and a plethora of labs.

I was very concerned & tried to remain positive, and not think the worst. Having survived cancer once, it was a difficult thing to do. I pulled on my inner reserves, had an amazing support group, & weathered the next couple weeks.

Today I saw the oncologist. While I do NOT have multiple myeloma, which was the suspect, I have severe anemia, and RA (rheumatoid arthritis, a severe case of it.)

That is okay because now I have a definitive diagnosis & a plan of action. While treatment varies and can be hard on one's body, I at least KNOW what I am dealing with.

Next step is to see a rheumatologist, get a plan of attack going, and hoping to be able to get these bouts tamped down to a minimum of discomfort. I have answers now! That was so stressful NOT knowing.

So I have an incredible team of loved ones, an amazing partner, & wonderful support system in place. Now off to the battlefield I go....I will slay this "dragon", too.

Thanks for listening, for your kind words, warmth, & support during this very trying time. As I usually do, I smile, and remain positive, & focused on a plan of attack now.

Peace & much love to you all....I am so happy knowing now what I have to work with....
I am so sorry you went through this scare, I am so glad you have an answer to the mystery and I am so very very glad it's not what you were worrying it was. Still a challenge to tackle, but not the same dragon to slay. Those "what if's" are such a different world after a cancer diagnosis. You got this!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: