Old 12-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I did not grow up with a heavy holiday tradition. Once I became a teenager, if the tree went up, it was because I put it up. Christmas was just not a big deal.

So, when I married, my 'new family' introduced me to just how wonderful Christmas could be. It was amazing! The food.....the gifts.....the deocrations.....

And I kept that alive after the marriage.....my girls each had their own tree growing up, along with our family tree.....we had favorite dishes which were expected on the table ~ Aunt Olive's Raspberry Surprise, my former mother~in~law's dressing, corn pudding........stockings filled with all manner of things, from nuts to stationary,to silly things......and special ornaments for each of us each year ~ some I made.

This year will be interesting as my "baby" won't be coming home for Christmas this year. But that tree is up, by God!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote