Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I don't really fit into the OSOF paradigm as a lesbian butch. I know that this distinction is often atributed to us in general, but, there are many things that as an individual, I don't align with in terms of gender roles. LOL, perhaps this is part of my California state of mind, I don't know. Or, maybe I am just a multitude of non-binary based stereotypes as a lesbian butch.

On the other hand, I always enjoy meeting other lesbian butches and listen to their experiences. This always makes me think about our shared marginalization growing up and just not fitting into the girl thing, yet knowing we are absolutely female. There go those roles again!

So strange that even femmes have been marginalized concerning their feminity in terms of what is socially acceptable. For example, their attraction to butches. How many times have we heard their stories of non-acceptance about this? And not just via the straight world.

I am so grateful for a space like this (the thread as well as the Planet in general) where we can all speak of our experiences. Mainly, I realize that don't have to fit into one, strict definition of what a butch is. Whew!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: